POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Truck and trailer : Re: Truck and trailer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Truck and trailer
From: J  Diehl
Date: 4 Sep 2002 06:50:08
Message: <web.3d75e4d8a31ba4aaf70c33440@news.povray.org>
First a question: why do you want to use single back axles? In my eyes it
would look better with the second axle.

I would try to animate it with two pole definitions like this:
Having a look at the plans of 2149 (assuming two axles) I  would put the
origin of the truck (where it turns around) at exactly the half of the
16-unit-construction. Putting the 'front link' (the point to follow the
path) exactly at the front axle, we get a 'PoleLength' of 6 units (dist.
origin --> front axle). The distance from origin to back link is 5 units
('LinkDist'=5). Translate your truck model so that the front axle is drawn
at z=6, the first back axle at z=-3 and the second at z=-6 (on an x-z-plane
with the truck looking at the +z direction)
For the trailer, lets put the origin to turn around at the middle of the two
axles (at the two red round 1 unit-bricks at the bottom of the trailer). In
my eyes, the front link of the trailer is 18 units away (please count
again). This is our 'PoleLength' for the trailer. LinkDist can be 0 here
(there is no further trailer). Translate your trailer so that the axles are
at z=1,5 and z=-1,5.